Our School - House System



The House Patrons are responsible for building up House SPIRIT and LOYALTY.  They run their House Assemblies and encourage competition within their House in relation to Sport, Mission effort and a wide range of other House activities.


All students are allocated to a particular House during their time at the College; members of the same family belong to the same House.  Within each House, Pastoral Groups within each year are formed, and a Pastoral Teacher works with the students within each specific group.

The four Houses are named after people who have made major contributions to Catholic Education and in the history of the College.


Blessed Marcellin Champagnat was founder of the Marist Brothers Order, members of which established the College in 1956 and taught in the College until 1983.


Bishop Henschke was Bishop of the Diocese of Wagga Wagga when the College was first built, and a great supporter of the establishment of a Boys’ Boarding School in the Diocese.


Monsignor Lacey was the Parish Priest of Leeton when the College was built. He worked with Bishop Henschke in the establishment of the College and was greatly involved during the construction of the original buildings.


Father Julian Tenison Woods was the founder of the Sisters of St Joseph, the congregation that has worked in the College with the Marist Brothers from 1969 and has provided the College Principal since the withdrawal of the Brothers from the College in 1983